Last modified: October 24th, 2020
Terms & Conditions
This Agreement is entered into between you (the “Guest“, “you” or “your“) and the owners of Chalet Tannegg (“we“, the “owners“, “us” or “our“). This Agreement sets forth certain rules that you must follow in connection with your booking. This Agreement also sets forth certain services that we may provide you in connection with your booking of the Accommodation (“Chalet Tannegg“, “Tannegg“, “Apartment“) .
You acknowledge and agree that by booking and staying at Chalet Tannegg and accepting the terms hereof, you have read, understand and agree to comply with and be bound by the our Terms & Conditions (the “Terms“), as published from time to time at www.chalet-tannegg.com/terms.
You and the owners of Chalet Tannegg have separately entered into an agreement, under which you are allowed to occupy the Accommodation during the agreed period (“Booking Period”) set out in the booking confirmation email. You have not entered into a lease. You have no property rights or interest in real estate and you are not a tenant of the Accommodation. You have no right to stay in the Accommodation or to otherwise use or occupy all or any part of the Accommodation after the term set forth in your Booking and have no rights to renewal or recurring usage.
You agree to abide by the House Rules as described in these Terms and which may be modified or supplemented at any time in accordance with this agreement. By refraining from terminating this Agreement and your Booking after modification, the Guest agrees to be bound by any such rules and restrictions.
Your license to occupy the Accommodation will be subject to immediate termination if you or any parties that occupy the Accommodation during the term of your stay violate any terms of this Agreement, the Guest Rules or any other agreement between you and the owners of Chalet Tannegg.
- You cannot make any changes to the Accommodation nor can you move or remove any furnishings or other items in or on the Accommodation.
- No smoking allowed anywhere in Chalet Tannegg or on its grounds.
- No candles or otherwise open fire allowed anywhere in Chalet Tannegg or its grounds.
- No dogs or other animals allowed
- No commercial business may be performed from the Chalet Tannegg or its grounds
- Do not enter other apartments than the one you have booked
- No more than the agreed number of guests are allowed to stay over in the Accommodation
- No visitors or other guests are allowed that are not part of the agreement
- No loud noise at all times and our quite hours are between 10 pm and 7 am
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations (no illegal activities of any kind)
- Be respectful and kind to other guests and representatives of Chalet Tannegg.
- Do not share your Wifi access code with any other than your party staying at the apartment
- Do not share your access code to enter Chalet Tannegg and your apartment with any other than the party staying at the apartment
Booking and Cancellation
- Unless otherwise agreed upon and confirmed by the owners in writing, the following cancellation policy will apply:
- for any booking cancelled 30 days prior to the Accommodation’s local check-in time on the day of check-in, we will refund 100%. Any costs made by the owners related to the booking will be deducted from the refund.
- for any booking cancelled 7 full days prior to the Accommodation’s local check-in time on the day of check-in, we will refund 50% of the Accommodation Fees for the entirety of the Booking Period. Any costs made by the owners related to the booking will be deducted from the refund.
- If you cancel a booking 7 days or less prior to the Accommodation’s local check-in time on the day of check-in you will be responsible for the full Accommodation Fees for the entirety of the Booking Period.
- We have the right to cancel a booking at any time. Under the circumstance that we cancel your reservation, we may help you arrange suitable alternative accommodation for during the booking period (which will, if possible, be of comparable quality and character within 2 km of the location of Chalet Tannegg). In the event we are unable to assist in finding suitable alternative accommodations during the Booking Period, we will refund you in full.
- It is a condition of your Booking that all of the House Rules are complied with in full by both parties. Any failure by either you or us to comply with the House Rules will permit the other party to terminate your Booking and this Agreement without liability (and without prejudice to any other rights and remedies pursuant to this Agreement).
- In the event that the accommodation becomes unavailable for the whole or any part of the Booking Period and you do not accept a suitable alternative accommodation which is offered to you, then you are entitled to cancel the Booking, and the pre-payment will be refunded to you, but we will not be liable to you for any further amounts in respect of the cancellation of the Booking.
Fees and Charges
- You agree to pay the Accommodation Fees as set out in the booking confirmation without deduction or offset.
- You also agree to pay the cost of any damage to the Accommodation or its contents and to pay any fees, costs and expenses incurred by us as a result of your failure to vacate the Accommodation on a timely basis at the end of your Booking Period, including, without limitation, as a result of the loss of a subsequent booking for the Accommodation for the period following your Booking Period.
- The Accommodation Fees set out in the booking confirmation will include the fees payable with respect to the Accommodation only. No additional taxes or other services which are included.
- By accepting these terms you agree to pay the Accommodation Fees in full.
- Your prepayment is to confirm the booking and the remaining part of the payment must be paid at the latest 7 days in advance of your booking.
- In addition to the fees and charges for the Accommodation, all applicable governmental authorities all taxes applicable to your purchase of the Booking from the Chalet Tannegg and use and occupancy of the Accommodation may be collected and remitted.
Check-In / Check-Out
The check-in time is after 15:00 (3 pm) and the check-out at 10:00 (10 am). Your access codes will work from the check-in time and until the check-out time during the time of your stay. Unless we have agreed to a late check-out as part of your booking and has expressly agreed in writing then you will be responsible for a full day’s Accommodation Fee for any overstaying past the check-out time on the day of your departure. If you overstay by more than 2 hours then Host reserves the right to enter the Accommodation, remove your belongings, change the access codes to the Accommodation and take such further action as may be necessary or appropriate (and you will be charged for the costs of any such action). In addition, you will be responsible for an additional fee equivalent to 150% of the effective daily rate of your stay for each day (or part thereof) that you overstay, as well as any other damages, fees, costs or expenses incurred us, including without limitation, as a result of the loss of a subsequent booking for the Accommodation or finding alternative accommodations for any subsequent guest who had a booking for the Accommodation for all or any part of the time that you overstayed.
Safety and Conduct
- You have primary responsibility for your own safety and for the safety of others in the Accommodation during your stay. You must read any fire or health & safety guidance which is provided to you and listen to any instructions or explanations which are provided. It is your responsibility to bring any concerns regarding the Accommodation to our attention and to ask any questions that you may have if you do not understand any of the guidance or instructions provided.
- If you become aware of anything during your stay which you believe is a health & safety risk, you must inform us immediately. We will have access to the Accommodation at all times during your stay to address any such issues.
- You may not allow any person other than the persons agreed with the booking to occupy the Accommodation at any time, except a such number of additional guests as may be specified in the Booking Confirmation. This agreement is personal to you and may not be transferred to any other person and we will not allow any person other than the persons as agreed with to access or occupy the Accommodation unless through explicit written consent by the owners.
- The Booking Confirmation may specify the maximum permitted number of guests who are authorized to stay in the Accommodation. If you allow more than the maximum number of people to occupy or stay in the Accommodation, you will be liable to pay a supplement of up to 100% of your effective daily rate in respect of each unauthorized guest for the total duration of the agreed booking period and the booking may be terminated immediately.
- In addition to complying with the Terms, this Agreement and the House Rules and all reasonable directions you also agree that you will:
- keep the Accommodation clean, tidy and clear of trash and leave the Accommodation in the same condition as you find it;
- not keep or take any pets or animals into the Accommodation (unless otherwise agreed with us through writing);
- not do anything that will or might constitute a breach of any consents in relation to the Accommodation or which will or might be in breach (in whole or in part) of any insurance in effect with the respect of the Accommodation from time to time;
- not obstruct or leave any objects or waste in any common areas, apart from the ski area where you leave your skis, snowboards, and ski-or snowboard boots;
- not leave any obstruction outside of the Accommodation;
- not do or permit to be done on the Accommodation anything which is or which may be or become a nuisance, (whether actionable or not) damage, annoyance, inconvenience or disturbance to us or to other guests or occupiers of the building or any owner or occupier of neighbouring property including (but not limited to) playing loud music or musical instruments, dancing, entertaining at the Accommodation or moving furniture;
- not conduct any illegal activity from the Accommodation;
- not conduct any business or commercial activity whatsoever from the Accommodation;
- not make any alteration or addition whatsoever to the Accommodation or its contents;
- not use the Accommodation for any purpose other than for personal accommodation; and
- not invade the privacy of the owners or other guests, or publish or reveal anything which might allow a third party to identify the address of the property or the identity of the owners or any personal information regarding the owners or the Accommodation (even if such information is already in the public domain).
- You hereby indemnify the owners, their agents, or representatives in respect of any and all costs, claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) suffered or incurred by the Host or any of the foregoing parties arising out of or relating to a breach by you of this Agreement, including, without limitation this paragraph.
- A written or video inventory will have been taken prior to the commencement of your stay. You must notify the owners of any damage to the Accommodation, contents, fixtures or fittings which occurs during your stay, even if you regard the damage as minimal or normal wear and tear or if you do not believe the damage is your fault.
- If you do not notify the owners of any such damage you will be fully responsible for such damage on a full replacement cost basis.
- If you do declare any damage, then you are responsible for full replacement cost, but the first 10 CHF per night of such damage will not be charged to you.
Liability and Claims
- Any claims made by you under this agreement must be made initially through writing and in accordance with the Terms.
- We will not have any liability for any business, financial or economic loss or for any consequential, incidental, special or indirect losses such as lost reputation, lost bargain, lost profit, loss of anticipated savings or lost opportunity arising as a result of this agreement, the Accommodation or the booking (whether such loss arises as a result of negligence, breach of contract, tort or otherwise by us or any agent or third party providing services on behalf of us).
- Subject to any exceptions set forth in applicable law, our liability for all losses (including, without limitation for property damage, personal injury and death and whether such claim arises out of breach of contract, tort, negligence or otherwise) will be limited to the amount of the Accommodation Fees and charges payable by you. The Accommodation is a private residence and we are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs on the Accommodation or for any loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest. You are responsible for obtaining any vacation, travel or rental insurance which you believe is appropriate with respect to your stay at Chalet Tannegg.
- Nothing in this clause limits or excludes the liability of us for death or personal injury arising as a result of their gross negligence or willful misconduct or the gross negligence of willful misconduct of us and our respective agents or employees.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any and all liability, claims, loss, property damage or expenses arising by reason of any injury, death or damages sustained by any person, or to the property of any person, including you or us or any visitors or invitees whom you permit to enter the Accommodation or the premises of which the Accommodation is a part, where such injury death or damage is caused by your negligent or intentional act or omission, or by any such visitors or invitees.
- If we are required to engage any attorney to enforce the conditions of this Agreement or the House Rules, to collect any amounts due, to remove you or your belongings from the Accommodation, the Guest shall be responsible for all reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs incurred in connection with the foregoing,
- You agree that you have the power to enter into this agreement.
- You will not be entitled to withhold by way of set-off, deduction, or counterclaim any amounts which you owe to us against any amounts that may be owed to you.
- We will be entitled to assign or sub-contract their obligations under this Agreement.
- We will not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of these terms by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of their obligations, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond their reasonable control such as severe weather, power or other utility cut-off, burglary, natural disaster, strikes, governmental action, terrorism, war and civil unrest or similar occurrences.
- This Agreement represents the entire agreement between the parties hereto and supersedes any previous marketing information, representations or agreements of any kind or nature between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof and whether recorded in writing, or otherwise.
- The parties agree that these terms are fair and reasonable in all the circumstances. However, if any provision of these terms is held not to be valid by a court of competent jurisdiction but would be valid if part of the wording were deleted, then such provision shall apply with such deletions as may be necessary to make it valid. If any of the provisions in these terms are held not to be valid the remaining provisions of these terms shall remain in full force and effect.
- These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Kanton of Wallis. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Kanton of Wallis and the federal courts in Switzerland for all disputes between you and us arising out of this Agreement or the Accommodation.
- If you breach these terms and conditions and we decide to take no action or fail to take action on a timely basis, the foregoing shall not be deemed a waiver by the our rights hereunder and the we will still be entitled to take action and enforce our rights and remedies for any other breach.
We may offer you services set forth below from time to time in accordance with this Agreement. The following are services that we may offer you and for which an additional charge will be payable as set out below:
- Concierge services (advice on the area, booking of third party events, reservations etc.);
- Equipment hire;
- Food ordering;
- Stocking of the refrigerator;
- Additional cleaning and fresh linen;
- Any other services requested by a Guest which we agree to provide from time to time.
The guest acknowledges and agrees that we may provide the services through one or more third-party vendors in its sole discretion. We agree to provide the services in a timely and professional manner in accordance with this Agreement, but we make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the services to be provided hereunder. This Agreement is subject to the limitations of liability set forth in the Terms.
As part of our services, we may book or order services from third party suppliers or vendors. This will apply to any ticketed events, equipment hire, restaurant bookings or other goods or services ordered through us. Any booking we arrange for you with a third party will be subject to that party’s terms and conditions of business as well as our Terms and this Agreement. You will be liable to pay the costs of any third party provided services and we will not be responsible for any failure on the part or that third party to adequately supply the guest.
You acknowledge and agree that we are not liable for the provision of goods or services by third parties nor will we be liable if any goods or services requested by you are unavailable during your stay. We will not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of these terms by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of our obligations if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond our reasonable control such as shortages, unavailability, overbooking, severe weather, power or another utility cut-off, burglary, natural disaster, strikes, governmental action, terrorism, war, civil unrest or other similar circumstances.
Guest agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the owners, their affiliates, and their representatives, agents, directors, managers, officers, employees, and shareholders (“Indemnitees”) from and against all claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses, including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with (1) the services performed by Chalet Tannegg under this Agreement other than those arising because of gross negligence or intentional misconduct by the owners or any of their, representatives, agents, or employees; (2) any damage to or destruction of any property by Guests, any third party, or any terrorism, acts of nature, or acts of God; (3) any injury to or death of any person from any cause whatsoever; and (3) an error of judgment by Indemnitees or any mistake of law or fact by Indemnitees.